Senior Engineer – Electrical
Expro Meters is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with a background in the design and use of electronic instrumentation. Experience in safety and EMC certification of electronic products is required, with hazardous area product certification a plus. The person will be specific involved with the design and support of flow meters used in the oil and gas industry. Responsibilities will include the design of new flow meter and instrumentation products, support of existing products, and creation of materials such as user’s manuals and technical documentation. This person will also be responsible for certification of Expro Meters products (CE, EMC, ATEX, etc) and for cable/gland/accessory selection to meet customer requirements.
* Responsible for system and electronics design for new Expro Meters products.
* Responsible for electronics support of existing Expro Meters products.
* Responsible for certification activities, such as ordinary location safety, hazardous area and EMC, for Expro Meters products. Create and maintain certification documentation and records.
* Work with Sales and Operations to define and source cabling, glands, junction boxes, etc for field applications.
* Technical resource for configuration, programming and documentation of 3rd party instrumentation, including field and customer technical support.
* Prepare users manuals, technical bulletins, assembly and repair documentation to meet internal and customer requirements.
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering with extensive product design experience.
* Agency certification experience desired.
* Hazardous area and oil/gas industry experience a plus.